Tuesday 14 October 2008

An introduction

Now, how’s your knowledge of the mating patterns of Amazonian spit-fire frogs? Probably better than my knowledge of golf.
I’m doing this blog as a University project, and instead of doing one about other sports I know a little more about, I thought ‘In for a penny, in for a pound’, and chose golf.
I’m doing it because I could really get into golf. All my housemates enjoy watching and playing it and I recently watched the Ryder Cup and really got into it. I did try a quick 9 holes on the back of it, but it signalled my retirement from the game after ending up about 204 over par.
To make up for that, I’m going to try and make a fist of this, posting my ill-informed opinions while trying to have a bit of fun with it and keeping myself entertained.
I’m going to mix it up a little, with news of whatever local golf is going on at the moment, well done to Clitheroe golf club getting the Open qualifying for 2010 (oh yes), and probably throw a few Wii-golf records up when I dust off my copy of Wii Sports. Might even have a look at the professionals, and Ronan Keating.
For those of you interested in Wii golf, my record is a 10 under! Go through the trees on the treacherous 7th ;)
So yeah, this is the start. I’ll be (probably) updating this page quite regularly, and I’m going to offer a guarantee on my first Golf post being ground-breaking, so check back.

1 comment:

John Leavy said...

Loving this mate. Like the honesty and your beating me by one shot on wii golf.